Appeal Documentation

How Do I Submit Documentation for My Appeal?

  • Students may upload up to 3 documents. If they have more than 3 documents that they wish to submit, they can scan and save them as a single document for upload.  All University of Connecticut libraries have scanners that you can access, but you can also use scanning tools on your mobile phone to upload documents.
  • Students who have learning challenges, mental health diagnoses, physical health ailments, or other circumstances which impact on their ability to be academically successful will need to provide evidence that they are registered with the Center for Students with Disabilities (CSD). Note that students should seek a late class withdrawal, or continuation at the University upon being subject to dismissal, these are considered academic accommodations and the University cannot support their request if they are not registered with the CSD.
  • Students who are not subject to University dismissal will not have access to the appeal form.
    • If a student has received communication from their school/college about a “supplemental dismissal” from their major or program, or if they think they may be in academic jeopardy or have questions about their scholastic standing, they can contact their deans’ advising office at Storrs and the Student Services director’s office at their regional campus.
  • Once a students has completed their appeal, they will receive a confirmation email that will include a summary of the appeal. The email will not include a copy of the uploaded files.

Please know while we will make every effort to review your appeal as soon as possible, it may not be reviewed immediately upon receipt.

  • Note that all University employees are mandated reporters of child abuse or child neglect. In addition, UConn employees have responsibilities to report to the Office of Institutional Equity student disclosures of sexual assault and related interpersonal violence; any information you submit in this appeal is subject to UConn reporting policies. If you feel you need more immediate assistance or support, we encourage you to reach out to the Dean of Students Office and/or Student Health and Wellness- Mental Health. In addition, if you have concerns related to sexual harassment, sexual assault, intimate partner violence and/or stalking, we encourage you to review the resources and reporting options available at