International Students

The following rules apply to international students who are dismissed from the University of Connecticut:

  • International students who are at the University on an F-1 or J-1 visa may request an expedited appeal so that an earlier decision regarding their appeal can be made.
  • International students cannot continue at the University as non-degree students and need to make plans to depart the U.S.
  • International students are in jeopardy of losing their F1 visa unless arrangements are made to matriculate at another US university or college before leaving the country.
  • International students living on campus will be required to move out of their rooms immediately upon dismissal. They will need to plan for this possibility prior to the conclusion of the semester in which they are on probation.
  • International students who intend to return to the University after dismissal must work closely with both their advising center and International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) to ensure that they meet the academic and visa requirements for readmission to the University.