Non-Degree Study (Coursework after Dismissal)

If you have been dismissed from UConn but wish to complete coursework in preparation for future readmission, you should carefully consider your options for completing additional academic work. Students typically complete this in one of two ways: either completing non-degree coursework at UConn or transferring courses completed at other universities.

Before enrolling in additional coursework–whether at UConn or elsewhere–dismissed students should consult with the appropriate non-degree advisor and campus resources, determining what options are best suited for their unique academic and personal circumstances. Students should take into account academic expectations for readmission, costs of coursework, financial aid and scholarship eligibility, and realistic timelines for potential readmission. We want to ensure that you understand your options and are intentional and successful during your time away from UConn. Refer to the tabs above for guidance pertaining to non-degree study at UConn, as well as information about taking courses elsewhere to prepare for future readmission to UConn.

Important Note: Non-degree study does not meet the full course of study requirements for F-1 or J-1 visa holders. International students who have been academically dismissed cannot remain at UConn as non-degree students and instead should explore one of the options listed here.