From posting of final grades to student notification of appeal outcome, the dismissal process takes between 4 and 5 weeks.
- Final grades are due (Wednesday following finals in the Fall semester and Tuesday following finals in the Spring semester).
- 3 to 5 days after grades are due, the Office of the Registrar runs a report to identify students who are subject to dismissal.
- 1-2 days later students are notified of their status and given instructions for how to appeal.
- Students are given between 5 and 7 days to submit a completed appeal.
- Students wishing to seek an earlier decision may request an expedited review of their appeal. Navigate to the Expedited Appeals page for more information about the expedite appeal process
- Once the appeal deadline is closed, University faculty and staff review appeals and make recommendations on dismissal or retention.
- An appeal committee is then convened to review appeals and recommendations.
- Students are notified of the outcome of their dismissal appeal 7-9 days after the dismissal appeal deadline. Notification will be via UConn email.